- make a differenceが「違い／効果／影響を生じる／プラスになる」（to have an important effect or influence on something or someone／to cause a change : to be important in some way／to do something that is important : to do something that helps people or makes the world a better place／to have an important effect on something, especially a good effect／something that makes a lot of difference has a good effect on a person or situation ）となるので、ここでは「会社に貢献」と訳されている。この感じはニュアンスではつかめるのだけれど、何かもっとわかりやすい説明はないのか？と探して見たら、とても素敵に説明されているページを発見。→I can make a difference の意味・日本語表現
- She says that she got into politics because she wanted to make a difference.
- The fact that I can now organize my own time makes a big difference.
- It is exciting to do something that really makes a difference in your community.
- People don't realize that their vote can make a difference.
- One more person wouldn't make any difference to the arrangements.
- It could make the difference between missing your train and getting to work on time.
- Having a good teacher has made all the difference for Alex (=had an important influence).
- Cost can make a difference in deciding on a college.
- Changing schools made a big difference in my life.
- This scheme will certainly make a difference to the way I do my job.
- Having someone to talk to made all the difference to my mother.
- 反意として make no differenceという形もよくとられる。「たいした違いはない、たいして重要ではない」というニュアンス。
- It makes no difference to me whether he comes to my birthday party or not.
- Whatever she did, it made no difference.
- Anybody can enjoy yoga, and your age makes absolutely no difference.
- The news made little difference to his plans.