- grovelには「へつらう／ぺこぺこする／卑屈にふるまう」といった意味合いが（to praise someone a lot or behave with a lot of respect towards them because you think that they are important and will be able to help you in some way／to treat someone with too much respect or fear in a way that shows weakness in order to be forgiven or to gain approval or favor／to behave with too much respect towards someone to show them that you are very eager to please them／act in an obsequious manner in order to obtain someone's forgiveness or favor ※obsequious：こびへつらい）。相手を持ち上げるんだけど、あくまでも見返りを要求した行為。「（人）にへつらう」と対象が入る時は「grovel to someone」の形に。
- I had to really grovel to the bank manager to get a loan.
- He had to grovel to get her to accept his apology.
- He made a groveling apology to his girlfriend.
- He sent a grovelling note of apology.
- She was groveling on the floor in fear.
- I saw him grovelling in the road for his hat.