- reach out to somebody の形で「〜を助ける、心を通わせる、援助の手を差し伸べる」（to offer help or support to (someone)／to show people that you are interested in them and want to listen to them／extend help, understanding, or influence ※extend：差し伸べる／to make a special effort to communicate with or help someone） 。
- So far, his administration has failed to reach out to hardline Republicans.（administration／統治、行政、内閣 hardline／強硬路線 Republican／共和党員(支持者)）
- He felt such an urge to reach out to his fellow sufferer.
- The students are reaching out to the homeless.
- a community reaching out to refugees ※refugee：亡命者、逃亡者
- I was going through a hard time, and Johnny really reached out to me during that period.
- He used his dance company as a way of reaching out to African-American youth.