Yasmin Boland の西洋占星術・山羊座今週の予報より。
- "go a long way" で「うまくいく、役立つ」という意味に。
- 「うまくいく、進展する（if you say that someone will go a long way, you mean that they will be successful）」の例文。
- 'I like my men older - and richer.' 'You'll go a long way with ideas like that, my girl!'
- The team has a long way to go (=needs to develop or improve a lot) before it can match that performance.
- That rock group has come a long way since recording its first album.
- Computer graphics have come a long way in the last few years.
- Microwave ovens have come a long way (=have developed or improved a lot) since they first appeared in our kitchens.
- 「役立つ（go some way towards doing something／go a long way towards doing something： to help a little or a lot to make something happen）」の例文。
- A little space can go a long way.
- This small gift went a long way in making the kids feel good.
- Your contributions will go a long way towards helping children in Africa.
- The fire insurance went a long way toward repairing all the damage.
- The extra money will go a long way to buying a house.
- ideas that go some way towards reducing environmental problems
- chutzpah／図太さ、厚かましさ（a lot of confidence and courage to do something, especially something that might involve being impolite to someone in authority - used to show approval）