- pull oneself together＝「立ち直る、自分を取り戻す（to force oneself to stop behaving in a nervous, frightened, or uncontrolled way／ to compose oneself; to gather one's wits about one.／recover control of one's emotions／ to recover one's self-control; regain command of one's emotions）」バラバラになった自分のカケラを集めてるイメージ。実際、引き裂かれる想いだった、ていうの、I was in piecesっていうよね？
- With an effort Mary pulled herself together.
- I have to pull myself together and try it again.
- Now try to pull yourself together and get through this crisis.
- It was only a minor accident, but the driver couldn't seem to pull himself together.