- 私は My work was settled という言い方をしていたのだけれど、settled down のほうが better な表現だと教わった。（if a situation settles down, it becomes calmer and you are less busy or less worried）
- It's been really hectic here. When things settle down, I'll give you a call.
- When things settle down here, I'll come for a visit.
- 結婚して（生活が）落ち着く、という時にも使う。（to start living a quiet and calm life in one place, especially when you get married／to settle into a stable way of life; to get married and settle into a stable way of life.）
- They'd like to see their daughter settle down, get married, and have kids.
- Tom, don't you think it's about time you settled down and stopped all of this running around?
- Bill and Ann decided to settle down and start a family.
- Now, children, it's time to settle down and start class. If you don't settle down, I'll send you all home.
- OK, class, settle down.