- "bide one's time"で「好機を待つ」という意味になる。（to wait until the right moment to do something／to wait patiently for a good opportunity to do something）辞書を引くとbideという単語は、だいたいこの形（bide one's time）で使われることが多いみたい。ただ「待つ」というより、「辛抱強く待つ」というニュアンス。
- They are stronger than us and can afford to bide their time.
- He is biding his time before asking his parents for a loan.
- He decided to bide his time until he got an opportunity to talk to her alone.
- I've been biding my time for years, just waiting for a chance like this.
- He's not the type just to sit there and bide his time. He wants some action now.
- She was biding her time until she could get her revenge.
- She decided to bide her time until her children were all in school before she went to graduate school.