- "open and shut"は、事件や訴訟、問題が「単純明快な、明々白々な」と言う時の表現。（if a legal case or problem is open and shut, the facts are very clear and it is easy to make a decision or find a solution／a legal case or other matter that is easy to prove or decide because the facts are very clear／able to be settled or decided very quickly and easily／describes a problem or legal matter that is easy to prove or answer）
- "simple and clear"って表現あるけど、それのリーガルバージョンって感じかな。
- The police think the case is open and shut: five witnesses saw the man stealing the car.
- It's going to take a lot of work to deal with this problem. It certainly isn't an open-and-shut matter.
- Her first assignment as a lawyer was an open-and-shut case involving a drunk driver.
- The murder was an open-and-shut case.
- Our lawyer thinks that we have an open-and-shut case.