- write someone/something off の形で「〜を見限る」（to decide that someone or something is useless, unimportant, or a failure (= dismiss)／to drop someone or something from consideration.)
- After six months of work, we eventually wrote the project off as a non-starter.
- The manager wrote Tom off for a promotion.
- I wrote off that piece of swampy land as worthless. It can't be used for anything.
- I had to write Jill off as a future executive.
- The company wrote off the electric automobile as a dependable means of transportation.
- He would never work out. We wrote him off.