BBCドラマ「シャーロック」エピソード1 "A Study in Pink" より。犯人をメールでおびきだしたホームズとワトスンは、レストランバーで通りを見張る。ホームズに昔助けてもらったというオーナー（多分）のアンジェロが、ワトスンにホームズとの過去を話すシーンで。
- get off にはいろんな意味がある。ここでは "get someone off" の形で「（人に）処罰を免れさせる／嫌疑を晴らす」という意味。（to help someone avoid being punished for a crime／to get someone cleared of a criminal charge）
- Her lawyers were confident that they could get her off.
- Ted's lawyer got him off, although we all knew he was guilty.
- I hope someone can get her off. She is innocent no matter how it looks.
- His lawyer got him off.
- A good lawyer might be able to get you off.
- "S＋get off" ならSが罪を免れる、軽い罪で済む（この場合はwithと一緒に使う）、ということ。（if someone gets off, they are not punished for doing something wrong, or they receive only a small punishment）
- He's been arrested several times, but he always gets off.
- Let's hope John gets off with a light sentence.
- Max got off with only a few years in prison.
- He got off with a light sentence.
- His lawyer tried to get him off with a light sentence.
- If you're lucky, you'll get off with a fine.
- In the end he got off because there wasn't enough evidence against him.
- He was lucky to get off with a small fine.